Monday, October 21, 2013

First transfer and a new companion



On 10/21/13, Traci Erickson 
 Hey Brad, How are things going? Anymore baptisms? Is it any hotter or the
 same?I'm sure it is frustrating to work with leaders that are still learning
themselves. I mentioned it to President Spencer. He said the same thing
happened to him on his mission. To just be patient and teach with love.Did
 you get a new area or new companion?
We had an open house for the new Stake center on Thursday and Saturday. We
 had 2 large groups of 8+ people show up from other religions to see the
 building and ask questions. One of the people that came Thursday came back
 Saturday and went through the tour again and then took 3 Book of Mormons
 home with him. The stake presidency told us to keep all of our signs and
 posters because we may do it again in the next year. I guess it is great
 for the missionaries to show investigators and to find new investigators. I
 went to ward conference at the PP6 ward. (the other half of our old ward).
 It was fun seeing people again and getting caught up. By the way Dallin
 Zollinger got his mission call to Washington D.C.. He leaves the middle of
 December.
Ethan and Dad spent the morning at BYU so Ethan could earn merit badges.
 Zach had already earned the ones they had available, so he didn't go this
 time.
 This last week went by fast! I guess things are getting back to normal
 around here. I am getting another package ready to send you. I told the
 extended family that if they wanted to send you something, that now is the
 time to get it to me, so it can all be shipped together.
 *Doubt your doubts
 before you doubt your believes.
 Love, Mom

I guess my name got changed hu, good to know, I guess i will have to
inform my mission president so he knows my real name now, hehe JK. We
haven't had any more Baptisms lately because a lot has been going on
here. But we have a few people that should be baptised soon if they
keep going the way they are. It is getting a little hotter now its
funny because I know for you its getting COLD and here its getting HOT
and I also am back to walking again hehe. At least I will stay in shape
still. All is going well still here.

I did get Transfered to a new area I am now in a place called Bardege
its a great place i am Still inside Gulu just no longer in pece
anymore. i did get a new companion his Name is Elder Cunningham yes
another person from UT haha. he is almost going home he only has 1
more transfer left after this one. he is great guy and is fun to be
around I have to keep him moving for the most part so he wont be lazy
but thats alright.

The area i am in is good but its REALLY Hard to find new people!!! I
also have to learn the area again at the same time but thats they way
you learn the area the fastest.

Hows the new church Building? How was the ward conference? yeah i wish
they didnt have to split us up but the ward was getting to big.

Really Dallin is going to have a fun but difficult time for the first
few weeks because the place is so HUMID. i remember walking off the
plane and being drenched already from all the water in the air. but he
will enjoy it.

I hope that they had a good time getting their  badges there.

Cool, i cant wait to get it. hey so one of the elders here doesn't have
a camera and so i was wondering if i should give him the one i am
using now. He said he doesn't mind dealing with the issues because he
will at least have something. Do you want me to give it to him or do you
want me to send the camera back home in a package?

We went on lock down for a day because of some of the things that are
going on here but we are still fine and we still go out teaching we
just have to be careful. but its has been a lot of fun here in uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment