Monday, April 14, 2014

3 is a good number

                                                                                                                                                              April 13'14
Braden, 
How are things going? Any baptisms this week?  Any thing exciting happening?  So Easter is next week- do they do anything special or crazy for the holiday? In the Philippines, it is common for them to actually crucify a female virgin, so we had to stay inside for 3 days until it was all over. Ya know, missionaries are easy targets.
So this last week was fun fun fun.  We went to Salt Lake and spent a few night in a hotel.  We visited Temple square, the Planetarium, and the the Aquarium that is right by dad's work.  They kids enjoyed all of it. I didn't think Hope would be to interested at the planetarium because it is for older kids.  But she loved it and asked questions and tried things out.  Of course the hotel had a swimming pool and the kids swam at least once every day.
Paige had a great time in California with choir.  They went to Medieval Times and guess who got a rose-again. Yup, Paige. She said, " He looked right at me and throw it right to me".  She got home today at about noon and had lots to talk about and then she had a long nap and did homework.  Yes, back to normal daily routines again in the morning.  It will be hard to get up early for all of us. Exclude Ethan in that, cause he wakes up around 6 a.m. every morning, silly kid.
Zach starts range this week. That should be interesting.  He has driven the excursion a few times- he is braver then you and Paige.  Dad took him driving on the freeway this week.  Dad is braver than I am, it scares me to just have Zach drive me around the neighborhoods. I'm sure he will get better in time.
We had a lot of releases and new people put in callings today.  We knew it would happen because of the ward being split.  Dad still has his same calling.  And of course I do. When you have a stake calling your pretty safe to stay there until the Stake President decides to release you.  I could have this calling for a few years.  It is good though, I''m really learning a lot and getting to know quite a few people because of it.

We love you and know that you are being blessed in your work.

Love, MOM




Things are going good here for the most part. The area just keeps getting started over from nothing but I guess it keeps me on my toes. We didn't have any baptisms this week but next week we will for sure. I can't wait,we have spent a lot of time with him and you can see the change in his life. He even attends Choir practice at the branch and  everyone thinks he is a member haha. 
The most exciting part was one of the elders had to go home because of some things so now we are working in a 3 some and have to cover both areas…I have no idea how that will work, our area is already behind. From what i hear they don't do much for easter but attend church and a lot of people come so that will be interesting. So ,Paige sounds like she had a fun time, same with Hope, Hope is interesting, you can never expect what  she will do haha.  I don't think Zach's braver than us but maybe more Crazy than us. I still don't like the freeway and probably never will haha. We played some Soccer today against other missionaries and guess who won, we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment