Tuesday, December 31, 2013

calling for Christmas

I will be calling you probably around 8 am if i can 8 am for you not me it will be 6 pm for me. but dont hold me to that i have to use one of the other elders sim cards because i couldnt get mine in time. The mission pres. only wants us to talk for no more than 40 mins so i will buy enought time for 40 minutes max. I have you numbers in my planner so i dont forget. Sounds like Hope is having a hard time with me being alway poor girl. I want to send a christmas package but i need to finish pulling things together. and then i am going to be fearing the shipping price oh well....it will be worth it. Sounds like you had a lot of fun with the missionaries there. and some with hope. I hope everyone gets feeling better befor christmas. Burning no but hot yes!!! maybe i will try to send some of the heat to you :) haha. No we havent found anymore people to teach but we are still working hard. and No again my companion is still silent he talks very little.


On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Traci Erickson
How are things going? A few questions while I'm thinking of them…
Are you calling us on Christmas or do we call you? If we call you, we need your number.  If you call us here are numbers…801-847-5845 house phone. 801-400-7598 my cell. 801-922-0260 dad's cell.
What time to call works best for you. We will make sure to be awake!!
The Zone conference, was actually a mission conference-the Provo Utah mission.  Elder Arnold from the general authorities was there. He even came in the kitchen and talk to us for a while. Funny guy.  We had tons and tons of food. And sent the left overs home with the ZL's to hand out to all the missionaries.
Cute little Hope, thought that you were going to be there. Poor girl almost cried when I reminded her that you were far away in Africa.  Some cute Sister missionaries took Hope under their wings and helped her get her lunch and had her sit by them to eat.  Hope told everyone that would listen that her brother was a missionary in Africa. 
The lunch was a success but next time we do it, we are going to get a committee to help. Especially with clean up. It was a lot of work but worth every minute of it.
So, the yucky stomach flu made it through the whole family. Even Paige and Zach got it.  I took Hope and myself to the doctors on Tuesday because I could tell I still had a sinus infection. Hope has had a cough and stuffy nose for about 2 weeks. They put both Hope and myself on antibiotics. Lucky me, got a shot in the butt of antibiotics. The doctor said I needed a dole dose because I have been sick for way to long.  Guess what? Hope is feeling better, me, not so much. But hopefully I'll get over this stuff soon.
The temperature finally made it above freezing and today we got more snow. I will get a picture for you.  The roads are very slick because it rained and then froze.  Cars have a hard time getting up our street. I even got stuck once and had to back, back down the road and go around the block the other way to get home. Crazy weather.
So, are you burning up from all the nice warm sun?  Right now, I would love some.  Have you found anymore people to teach? And have you got your companion talking yet?
I'm sure I will think of more later.
Keep up the hard work-We all love you and pray for you daily!
Love, mom

No comments:

Post a Comment