Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Another transfer to Lyra

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,Happy Birthday dear Braden, Happy birthday to you!
I hope you did something fun for your Birthday! Wow a big 20-your getting old-JK.
Pretty funny someone would ask you if you spoke English-I still laugh just thinking about it.
So, did you get transferred? Do you want to? Where would you like to serve before you come home?

So, Sister Todd and I were talking about things that we had to buy for our son's missions. It is interesting how different the lists are, even though you both will be serving in Africa.

For me, this was a crazy week.  First, we went to Pat and Tina's on Monday to celebrate Korbins Birthday. We played card games and then went outside to play lawn darts that dad got for Father's Day! It was fun.  On the way home-on the freeway of course- the low tire pressure light came on- by the time we got home the tire was completely flat! Dad had to figure out where the spare tire was and how to get it down from the bottom of the van. He did get it on. The next day I took it to the tire store and the said that it was shredded on the inside and we need a new tire. However, the tire isn't a very common size so they had to have it shipped in. So I took a trip back the next day.  Also, we noticed that the front tire had a nail in it when we bought it. That tire was still fine but the tire shop was nice and took the nail out and double patched it for free!

We had winter weather this week-yes it snowed in the mountains and was cold and windy here. I refused to turn the furnace on, so everyone put jackets on. Or walked around in a blanket.  By Saturday it was in the high 80* again!

I had a doctor's appointment and Dad tagged along.  I had blood work done earlier and we got the results. Some were not so great. The doctor I went to isn't covered by insurance, so I am now in the process of finding another doctor.

President Keck called earlier in the week to see if I could sit at a registration desk for a Young Adult Conference being held in Orem on Friday.  I really wasn't looking forward to it but it turned out to be very low stress and fun.  The had 5 people at the table I was at ( 2 others from our ward) and One person could have done the job just fine. So we mostly just sat and chatted for 3 hours.

Saturday, we celebrated your Birthday for you at Lagoon.  We went early to try and beat the heat.  I thought that I would take home over to the children's part and just watch her ride the rides.  That wasn't her plan!  She has decided that she is big enough for the bigger rides.  We round the far-is  wheel and she loved being up so high.  We rode the the ride that is like the hopper but much bigger, but get this. Her favorite ride was the Bombora (blue roller coaster) which is a mid sized coaster a lot like the Jet Star2. She went on it 7 or 8 times.  She convinced Parker to go on it with her before we left. Yes, she convinced her older brother to ride it.  Dad got picture's of her on it with the biggest smile ever.  We all were worn out by the time we got home.
Hope now wants to buy a Blue roller coaster and put it in our back yard.

So, that was our excitement for the week.

Hope yours was just as good.  We love you lots and want the best for you. Keep up the hard work and the Lord will Bless you.

Love Mom


Here in Uganda a lot has happend this last week! we had a Drunk guy come up to us and ask us if we speak English very well!!! I looked at him with a strange face and thought to myself "umm duh i speak good english i am from america" haha it made me laugh. the next day we had someone come up to my companion and ask him if he was from Portugal it was so funny! there is NO WAY my companion is from there! I also had some other stuff happen but i dont know if its safe email it so i will just have to tell you in person if we meet up.
Sounds like a lot has happend lately thats good, and also sound a little bad. I did get Transfer news and i will be going back up to northern uganda to a place called Lyra i cant wait! from what i have heard about it its a wonderful place. I will be serving with one of my mission brothers as well! I could say that i want to leave but the area just started to do well! oh well just have to keep working hard huh. I would like to serve in the north so i guess i am getting my wish huh.
Thanks for the Birthday song, i feel old now more than every!

Sounds like a lot has happend lately thats good, and also sound a little bad. I did get Transfer news and i will be going back up to northern uganda to a place called Lyra i cant wait! from what i have heard about it its a wonderful place. I will be serving with one of my mission brothers as well! I could say that i want to leave but the area just started to do well! oh well just have to keep working hard huh. I would like to serve in the north so i guess i am getting my wish huh.
Thanks for the Birthday song, i feel old now more than every!

No comments:

Post a Comment