Monday, June 30, 2014

Here in Lira

Dear Braden,
    How has your week been? How is your new area? Are you in the jungle or a town?
You said that you companion is one of your brother's from the MTC-what is his name?
This week was very interesting.  Ethan received his purple belt in class. He is loving Tae kwon do and catches on quickly.
I took the kids to the small lake over my Mount Timp. Temple. The had a good time playing in the water and sand.  We took a fishing pole because Hope said she needed to fish.
We didn't take bait on purses because I new she wouldn't stay with it very long. Zach took her to a spot that they could fish from an found out the rill on the pole was broken. It was okay though, as long as Hope could hold the hook in the water she was happy.
Friday, Paige and I went to BYU Idaho with her friend Kaylee and her mother.  We spent the night in a hotel and then hit campus and student housing on Saturday.  The housing all looks pretty much the same on the inside, except some are larger than others.  The girls decided on the one closest to the campus because they will be there in the COLD winter. On our trip home, we stopped at a Wendy's to eat.  This old lady started choking and her daughter yelled for help. A worker came to help but couldn't get it out. They told the other worker's to call 911. I was scared but knew I had to at least try and help. I went over and told them to let me help.  First time doing the hymlic maneuver (on an adult) and it worked.  The poor lady was so shaky. I sat her down and rubbed her back and asked if she was alright.  She was coughing, but nodded her head, yes. So, I went back to my lunch. They ambulance still came and checked her out and talked to her.  The old lady and her daughter thanked me before they left. It was a scary experience. Poor Paige told Dad, that she almost saw a lady die today but Mom saved her life. I guess I did. I was to nervous to even think of it that way.
It was scary to me but what was I gong to do-watch her die-NO.  I am glad that I have been certified in first aid and CPR. Kaylee's mom said-wow, right place, right time-Traci.  Yes, it was but I don't wish to have to do it again.
Today in church we talked about hastening the work (missionary work) and I thought about my experience at Wendy's and doing what I could to help the lady live, even though I was scared.  Am I willing to step in and help people  people in their spiritual live's? I know I am, but even after serving a full time mission, it can be a little scary. I need to work on the FAITH thing a little more.
So proud of the work you are doing-keep it up.
If you ask God for help-be prepared to put your Work Boots on!
Love, MOM





Sorry Your are going to to have to tell everyone that I wont be able
to reply to there emails today because the internet is being very
slow, it takes over 40 minutes to just load a page to email you. i
guess its a bad day of internet here in Lira! oh well. Yeah, so anyway
i am serving with my brother from the MTC his name is Elder Manuwere
he is from zimbabway he is a cool guy and he teaches very different
from the way i am use to teaching so i guess i will get to learn how
to blend him with me too. Not much has happend besides the fact that
i have been at home most of the time because my companion has malaria
hope i never get it it looks like a bad thing!!! sounds like your
having a crazy week. and also sounds like paige is wanting to move out
of the house haha.anyway hope all is going well.

sorry to make this short but i dont have a lot of time it took almost
all my time to just open the page to email you.

-- 
Never be ♯
Never be ♭
Always be ♮

No comments:

Post a Comment