Monday, June 17, 2013

Email from Africa


i was a little nervus but thats gone now! the people here are great and the food is good to. i walk about 9 miles a day and my feet hurt a little but thats alright. tell hope that i am fine and eating well.  i have learned a lot and i know there is a lot more to come!
 
You should send me some food hehe

yes i have fuigered out day and night, that wasnt hard at all to be honest it just felt like i had 2 new days in 1 hehe.  the plane was alright the food though was horrible!!!! the food in kampala is great, i will try sending the pictures next week.
Braden


On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Traci Erickson <tracirerickson@hotmail.com> wrote:
I'm happy to see that you made it there safe and sound. Your mission Pres sent us a great letter and pictures of you.

I got worried, when dad told me that you were traveling the last part by yourself. I had faith that you could make it through all of those big airports by yourself. I was however worried that you might not have someone there to pick you up. 

Next time you call, you better call ME. I ran to the bank early so you would have your money and I'd be back home so when you called. Then dad called and said you called him.. That's alright, at least you got to talk to someone.  Home # is 801-847-5845   my cell # 801-400-7598
I decided that you probably didn't know  anyone's phone numbers since they are all here on your phone.

We ran into your friend JJ at the store. He didn't realize that you had left. Apparently he had been texting you and when you never answered, he talked to to (Amy? allison)  I don't remember. And they told him that you had left. He felt bad that he missed your farewell-he didn't realize it was that week and he went camping with his family. Paige is supposed to be giving him your address. 

How did the flight go, besides long?  Have you figured out day and night yet? Send us pictures. Hope thinks that you are going to see girraffes! I'm still thinking about becoming like a duck- is it let things roll off your back?  I'm teaching singing time in Jr. primary for the next 5 or 6 weeks. They normal director is taking a marriage class with her husband during the first hour of primary.  My stake calling is going to take up lots of time and keep me busy. That's probably a good thing.  

Everyone wrote you a letter-so keep an eye out for them.  Hope has started teasing Zach---you can't see me!!!

What day is your P-day-Monday's?   Who is your companion and what is he like. Tell me everything!!!!

I'm as so proud of you. Keep your head up and learn to love the people.
                                                                     Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment